As I was writing, I went off on a tangent about the evils of acquiring money for its own sake. I was going to use it as a bonus chapter in the booklet, but I decided against it. I still find it useful, so I decided to put it here for your "fun and profit"! Enjoy!
For those of you who have no interest in realizing your potential beyond a low money-grab, I will happily share two legal and honorable methods for becoming "well-off".
I and several friends have used these two methods to become financially "set". Either will provide anyone with enough money to get the playthings shallow people seems to desire and "the good life" as far as our modern "easy path" society defines it. Regardless, I am here to help you accomplish this small goal.
Before I begin, the best advice I have for the money-motivated (and everyone else as well) is to never get into financial debt or get out of it as soon as possible. Dave Ramsey or any number of personalities can be found on the Internet to help you eliminate debt. It is a good thing to do no matter your personal attitude toward money as it frees you from bondage and provides you the resources to act independently. You can't really accomplish much if you are a slave to creditors!
Following either of the routes below, you should be financially set in a surprisingly short time. Hopefully, after you have the money you want, you might find a way to discover your soul and make use of The Psychic Proximity Principle, though it may be a huge course change. Until that transcendent day, here are two simple and proven routes to financial security:
The "Hot Job" Route
- Get the current list of "hot" jobs and choose between either the first or second job on the list,
- Get low-level work in a bigger company hiring people in your chosen hot job (even as a janitor to begin with) and develop relationships with the hot job holders and their managers.
- Get the education needed to get your chosen hot job (the company will often help you do this), and
- Take any advancement opportunity you are offered toward the hot job.
This route also works with the traditional professions, such as medical doctor, lawyer, MBA, etc.
The "Military" Route
- Join your national military or local military reserve unit,
- Serve for an enlistment or two (or if how you spend your days doesn't matter to you, stay through retirement),
- Secure work with a military contractor,
- Take any advancement opportunity you are offered.
There will always be money in the professions, hot engineering roles, and the military. The point is to get in the front door, rise to the needed requirements, and work hard. Money will readily flow as a result. As always, I suggest you pursue The Psychic Proximity Principle first to protect yourself from the "empty soul" disease of the money-grab.